Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KateWoodTM

Multiplying Values between 2 tables with Relationship many to one

Hi, I am looking for help with the following problem. 

Here is a very simplified and redacted version of my data set. 

KateWoodTM_0-1603817914231.pngKateWoodTM_1-1603817936016.pngKateWoodTM_2-1603817952905.png

I am trying to multiply values from the quantity sold column by the travel days column using a measure. I have tried =SUM(product info[TRAVEL.DAYS])*SUM(quantity sold[QUANTITY.SOLD]) however it does not seem to produce accurate data. 

Please can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @KateWoodTM,

This scenario should more relate to your relationship design, you can take a look at the following links to know more about relationship directions and power bi aggregate:

What is the Direction of Relationship in Power BI? 

Use aggregations in Power BI Desktop 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want a calculation per row?  if so you need both a measure and a new column in your quantity sold table.

The value you get when you multiply the sum's is the total days X total sold which is a single very large number.  But you just simply use it as the data source to a new column and you get the info you want per line item.

I used very simple data but it looks like this:

niveknonrev_0-1603820257486.png

niveknonrev_1-1603820279532.pngniveknonrev_2-1603820294422.png

niveknonrev_3-1603820325743.png

my total multiplied is the same as your sum formula but gives me 72K (780x93) but I am guessing you want it by row so you can see product 1 ran for 31 days and sold 5 - multiplied together gives you 155?

Or were you wanting some other result like days per unit sold etc?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.