Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KateWoodTM

Multiplying Values between 2 tables with Relationship many to one

Hi, I am looking for help with the following problem. 

Here is a very simplified and redacted version of my data set. 

KateWoodTM_0-1603817914231.pngKateWoodTM_1-1603817936016.pngKateWoodTM_2-1603817952905.png

I am trying to multiply values from the quantity sold column by the travel days column using a measure. I have tried =SUM(product info[TRAVEL.DAYS])*SUM(quantity sold[QUANTITY.SOLD]) however it does not seem to produce accurate data. 

Please can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @KateWoodTM,

This scenario should more relate to your relationship design, you can take a look at the following links to know more about relationship directions and power bi aggregate:

What is the Direction of Relationship in Power BI? 

Use aggregations in Power BI Desktop 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want a calculation per row?  if so you need both a measure and a new column in your quantity sold table.

The value you get when you multiply the sum's is the total days X total sold which is a single very large number.  But you just simply use it as the data source to a new column and you get the info you want per line item.

I used very simple data but it looks like this:

niveknonrev_0-1603820257486.png

niveknonrev_1-1603820279532.pngniveknonrev_2-1603820294422.png

niveknonrev_3-1603820325743.png

my total multiplied is the same as your sum formula but gives me 72K (780x93) but I am guessing you want it by row so you can see product 1 ran for 31 days and sold 5 - multiplied together gives you 155?

Or were you wanting some other result like days per unit sold etc?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.