Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures

Hi ALl,

I am a beginner and was trying to work out a new measure by subtracting 2 measures. To elaborate, I have a tab "Revenue" wherein i have calculated "total Revenue" measure. Similarly, another tab "COS" wherein i have calculated "total Cost". I want to compute Gross profit, but the calculation is not correctly showing the right numbers.  

So my query is , can we write a measure between 2 measures:

aka "Total Rev" - "total Cost" = Gross profit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to edit the relationship between two tables. Then you can subtract these two measures to get correct results.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to edit the relationship between two tables. Then you can subtract these two measures to get correct results.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Sure you can but you have to reference the mesures in the right fiormat, not with "" 

Gross profit = [Total Rev] - [total Cost]

Please mark the question solved when we get to the solution and consider kudoing if posts are helpful.

Cheers  Datanaut

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.