Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Measure Not Summing Up In Column Subtotal

I created a table with Year Quarter Month Matrix. 
The problem is that, I have this Measure that is not summing up correctly. Here's the details:
I have two separate table (that is both connected to a general Calendar)

Table1 : I used this in getting the Forecast. (Created a SUM(Forecast) from here)
Table2 : I used this in getting the Sales. (Created a SUM(Sales) form here) 

I have a measure that goes like:
Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Date) > TODAY(), Forecast + Sales, Sales

The issue is that It is only Summing up Total only by Sales. It is not including summing up the Forecast on the Total (Column Subtotal)

Is there something i'm missing or did wrong? Let me know. Would appreciate yall help.

More Details:

EvanGetsItDone_1-1663925145126.png
(Q4 is all forecast)

EvanGetsItDone_3-1663925316855.png

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@EvanGetsItDone This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi i've applied and got tips from your links. However the same issue is still occuring. Values are showing up but not on the total end. It is quite weird why they are not summing up. @Greg_Deckler 

EvanGetsItDone_1-1663850299460.png

Basically the screenshot above, the totals are only summing up the Sales, but not the forecast (the Q4 is all forecast no sales, thats why the total is blank on Q4, but it needs not to be blank)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.