Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Visual To show All values for Text Field

Hi Experts,

I have one logic to be implemented.

I have a table, all columns of which if taken into Power BI Table visual. We get option to select don't aggregate data for "Related_Details" column as shown:

Table Don't_Aggregate.PNG

When I use Matrix visual I get:

Matrix FirstValue.PNG

By default "Related_Details" is only taking First Value when it is dragged in Values area of Matrix.

I want it to take don't aggregate value only like vertical table. So that output should be:

Matrix Dont'Aggregate.PNG

Can we somehow do this in Power BI?

Note: DATE and RUNTIME values can repeat on all rows.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Matrix visual not support analysis text value on value field, you can force drag text column to value field, they will auto switch to summary mode(last, first, count).

I haven't found effective solutions to direct expand all text values on matrix side, maybe you can try to write measure to CONCATENATE these text value to one.

Concatenate details =
CALCULATE (
    CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( Table[Related_Details] ), [Related_Details], "," ),
    VALUES ( Table[RUNTIME] ),
    VALUES ( Table[Enoktee_Names] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

I have found this solution given by you in other post. This solution is great but it results into giving me the rows value in one row only as shown:

Matrix Measure.PNG

This was the test data but in my case volume of data is huge and even there are many columns which should come. I was thinking of using slicers for that. But if currently in Power BI values can't move to rows then is it possible in Excel Power Pivot? Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I had a similar need where I had to show several lines of text in a single cell.  What I did was using UNICHAR(10) as the CONTATENATEX delimiter instead of a comma.  In addition, for the numeric values I used a FORMAT function to preserve the proper formatting.

Example:

CONCATENATEX(AllDataTable,IF(ISERROR(VALUE([Related_Details])),[Related_Details],FORMAT([Related_Details],"#,##0")),UNICHAR(10))

I'm a PBI apprentice, so I hope it helps.

Best regards. 

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please provide a sample pbix file to testing and coding formula?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Where can I share the PBIX file for it. 

Coding formula for the measure you mentioned was:

TestMeasure = CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Test_Data[Related_Details]),Test_Data[Related_Details], ", "),VALUES(Test_Data[RUNTIME]),VALUES(Test_Data[Employee_Names]))

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.