Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sathish_kumar1
Frequent Visitor

Multiple IF statement DAX

Hi guys,

I need to Assign values "Test -1" For values between 2500 to 3499, "Test -2 for values between 3500 to 4999" and "Test -3" for values above 5000. I used a dax expression

Test =  IF(AND([Per Bike Sale]>=2500,[Per Bike Sale]>=3499),"Test- 1",IF(AND([Per Bike Sale]>=3500,[Per Bike Sale]>=4999),"Test- 2",IF([Per Bike Sale]>=5000,"Test- 3", "NA")))

But when i use this formula i am getting null values in the Sale column with test value as "NA" but my Sale column is not havinh any null values. Please help me with it and provide an alternative solution.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you creating a custom column ? If yes try this code:

IF('Table (3)'[Sale]>=2500 && 'Table (3)'[Sale] <= 3499; "Test-1"; IF('Table (3)'[Sale] >= 3500 && 'Table (3)'[Sale] <= 4999; "Test-2"; IF('Table (3)'[Sale] >= 5000; "Test-3";BLANK())))

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alwweb
Advocate II
Advocate II

Another option , that I linke because it is easier to come back later and read is SWITCH.   It only works if you know the trick of adding TRUE() as the first entry since it tells it to look for the answer that is true.  You can read and see an option with switch here: https://powerpivotpro.com/2015/03/the-diabolical-genius-of-switch-true/

Also, it probably isn't a best practice, but SWITCH exits as soon as it hits the first true, so if you are careful with the order of your switch statement, you don't have to put both ends of every range.  The values that previously matched won't be considered for the later tests.  Also, you can add one final value with no partner for an else.

Looking at your code, I'm seeing a couple of things, you are using all > signs.  Shouldn't the first test be >= 2500 and <=3499?   And then the 2nd one <=4999?

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you creating a custom column ? If yes try this code:

IF('Table (3)'[Sale]>=2500 && 'Table (3)'[Sale] <= 3499; "Test-1"; IF('Table (3)'[Sale] >= 3500 && 'Table (3)'[Sale] <= 4999; "Test-2"; IF('Table (3)'[Sale] >= 5000; "Test-3";BLANK())))

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @camargos88 ,

No i am creating a measure and assigning the test values. I cannot create a custom column because i am using Direct Query.

The query you shared is  working. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors