Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latitude and longitude fields gets summarized in Filled maps

Hi All,

I am trying to build a dashboard using Filled maps insted of Shape maps due to performance issues. I have latitude and logitude values for which I have changed the data category as latitude and logitude respectively and selected the colums, chose option as to not summarize. However, when I drag them to the fields onto the Filled maps, they automatically get changed to "Average of latitude". Any idea as to overcome this issue?

Sammy_02_0-1615356576955.pngSammy_02_1-1615356644790.png

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to use "Map" function instead of "Filled Map" when using latitude and longitude

Map-Annotation 2023-05-08 143115.png

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

You need to add "location" in fields,it is used for geo-coding,check the reference below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , even after this, is it showing data for all latitude and longitude or not. I think it should still show

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not show anything, strange as to why is the columns are getting summarized even if I have changed the data category. Below is the screenshot for your reference

Sammy_02_0-1615413722776.png

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem.  My Lat & Long wants to summarize even after I change the data category.  Nothing will show on my map.  

FOZZY_1-1682781252830.pngFOZZY_2-1682781292208.png

Hello all, I found a solution to this problem.

You need to change the data type to lat & long.. And along with that you need to change the setting to "do not Summarize".

I have attached a screenshot. Hope this helpsScreenshot (244).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.