Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latitude and longitude fields gets summarized in Filled maps

Hi All,

I am trying to build a dashboard using Filled maps insted of Shape maps due to performance issues. I have latitude and logitude values for which I have changed the data category as latitude and logitude respectively and selected the colums, chose option as to not summarize. However, when I drag them to the fields onto the Filled maps, they automatically get changed to "Average of latitude". Any idea as to overcome this issue?

Sammy_02_0-1615356576955.pngSammy_02_1-1615356644790.png

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to use "Map" function instead of "Filled Map" when using latitude and longitude

Map-Annotation 2023-05-08 143115.png

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

You need to add "location" in fields,it is used for geo-coding,check the reference below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , even after this, is it showing data for all latitude and longitude or not. I think it should still show

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not show anything, strange as to why is the columns are getting summarized even if I have changed the data category. Below is the screenshot for your reference

Sammy_02_0-1615413722776.png

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem.  My Lat & Long wants to summarize even after I change the data category.  Nothing will show on my map.  

FOZZY_1-1682781252830.pngFOZZY_2-1682781292208.png

Hello all, I found a solution to this problem.

You need to change the data type to lat & long.. And along with that you need to change the setting to "do not Summarize".

I have attached a screenshot. Hope this helpsScreenshot (244).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.