Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

crobson29
Frequent Visitor

Last month cumulative measure not working

I am trying to create a line chart that shows cumulative sales for both the month selected by a slicer and the previous month.  I have built a measure for cumulative sales for the current month that works correctly, the measure is:

Current Month = TOTALMTD(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]), 'M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date])

The prior month is what is giving me trouble.  I have this measure built:

Prior Month = TOTALMTD(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]), PARALLELPERIOD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date], -1, MONTH))

But this only gives me the total for the whole month.  This is what the chart currently looks like:
crobson29_0-1709133485371.png

How can I get the prior month measure to give me a cumulative sum for each day, like the current month measure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crobson29 

You can use this measure for previous month

Previous Month = CALCULATE(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]),DATEADD(DATESMTD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date]),-1,MONTH))

vjingzhanmsft_0-1709192865615.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
crobson29
Frequent Visitor

This is exactly what I was going for, Thank you!

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crobson29 

You can use this measure for previous month

Previous Month = CALCULATE(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]),DATEADD(DATESMTD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date]),-1,MONTH))

vjingzhanmsft_0-1709192865615.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.