Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crobson29
Frequent Visitor

Last month cumulative measure not working

I am trying to create a line chart that shows cumulative sales for both the month selected by a slicer and the previous month.  I have built a measure for cumulative sales for the current month that works correctly, the measure is:

Current Month = TOTALMTD(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]), 'M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date])

The prior month is what is giving me trouble.  I have this measure built:

Prior Month = TOTALMTD(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]), PARALLELPERIOD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date], -1, MONTH))

But this only gives me the total for the whole month.  This is what the chart currently looks like:
crobson29_0-1709133485371.png

How can I get the prior month measure to give me a cumulative sum for each day, like the current month measure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crobson29 

You can use this measure for previous month

Previous Month = CALCULATE(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]),DATEADD(DATESMTD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date]),-1,MONTH))

vjingzhanmsft_0-1709192865615.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
crobson29
Frequent Visitor

This is exactly what I was going for, Thank you!

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crobson29 

You can use this measure for previous month

Previous Month = CALCULATE(SUM(VW_FACT_SALES_DOCUMENT_ITEM_DATA_USA[Weight (Gallons)]),DATEADD(DATESMTD('M_CALENDAR_BILLING'[Date]),-1,MONTH))

vjingzhanmsft_0-1709192865615.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.