Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Key In filter that changes value on Visual

Dear Team,

I am having a Visual that has line value which I need to have dynamically based on user input. Currently, I made it as a fixed measure like below. so the 10000 is a calculated measure as "Monthly Target = 10000". now what I want is a filter that a user can key in any value and this line changes based on the key in value, is it possible? let's say if I key in 15000 then it should go as 15000.

Power BI parameter.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can have a drop down but you can't allow the user to search for a value, unfortunately. Maybe there are custom visuals taht allow you to do it...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, "any" value is not easy but

- create a table with all the values you want to show (one row per value)

- put a slicer where you select the value

- then your measure that you show on the line will be "Target=SELECTEDVALUE(yourtable[yourcolumn])

The issue is that your table can contain a finite number of values, not "any"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thnaks, how about if we can have in 000, min 10,000 and max 50000 is it possible , i cannot  have drop down, a user can select 11,000 but with a list how long it can go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can have a drop down but you can't allow the user to search for a value, unfortunately. Maybe there are custom visuals taht allow you to do it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.