Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Key In filter that changes value on Visual

Dear Team,

I am having a Visual that has line value which I need to have dynamically based on user input. Currently, I made it as a fixed measure like below. so the 10000 is a calculated measure as "Monthly Target = 10000". now what I want is a filter that a user can key in any value and this line changes based on the key in value, is it possible? let's say if I key in 15000 then it should go as 15000.

Power BI parameter.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can have a drop down but you can't allow the user to search for a value, unfortunately. Maybe there are custom visuals taht allow you to do it...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, "any" value is not easy but

- create a table with all the values you want to show (one row per value)

- put a slicer where you select the value

- then your measure that you show on the line will be "Target=SELECTEDVALUE(yourtable[yourcolumn])

The issue is that your table can contain a finite number of values, not "any"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thnaks, how about if we can have in 000, min 10,000 and max 50000 is it possible , i cannot  have drop down, a user can select 11,000 but with a list how long it can go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can have a drop down but you can't allow the user to search for a value, unfortunately. Maybe there are custom visuals taht allow you to do it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.