Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OlivierSaunier
Frequent Visitor

IsHuman or not?

Hi,

I'd like to identify accounts that are "probably not human" into a table of accesses, based on their logon ('Audit Accesses'[Logon user]). For that I have a table with a column (Firstnames[name]) containing the firstnames.

So I try this on a calculated column :

IsHuman = VAR result = CONCATENATEX(Firstnames;IF(SEARCH(FIRSTNONBLANK(Firstnames[name];1);" " & 'Audit Accesses'[Logon user] & " ";;999) <> 999;Firstnames[name];""))RETURN IF (result <> BLANK();result;"Probably not human")

Questions :

1. Is it possible to match an exact firstname and not some pieces of it? ie Eddy Collinot is found CollEdEddy

2. How to do the search without matching accented characters? ie Celine Sonut match with Céline

3. Is there a way to do it more quickly?

Thanks for your help, regards,

Olivier Saunier

7 REPLIES 7
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

ff

@mussaenda What means ff?

Thanks,

olivier

Sorry @OlivierSaunier, I should have elaborated it.

I commented ff which means following because I am also looking for an answer regarding your question.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@OlivierSaunier ,

Take a look at this post and try using CONTAINSSTRINGTo help improve Power BI, you may submit an idea for accented characters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chuncz-msft 

Still no news from you 🙂 I can't find a way to do this simple thing work :

I have a query "Firstnames" with the first column who contains "firstnames" and want to search each of them into a culomn in another query that contain the fullname.

ie. :

Logon user : Olivier Saunier - firstname : Olivier : true

Logon user : Olivier Saunier - firstname : Olive : false

And if there's a way to manage any match when there's accented characters...

I'm stuck so please if you have an idea I take it.

Thanks

Hi @v-chuncz-msft 

Any chan ce to have more details please?

Thanks you

Hi @v-chuncz-msft,

Thank you very much for your answer but I'm sorry I've checked your DAX formula with VAR = d but I can't use it in my formula, can you help on how to set the syntax?

I've seen the CONTAINSSTRING too but where do you wan't me to use it? Instead of Search?

How can I provide a sample file on this forum?

Thank you for your help.

Olivier

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.