Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Teletubbi
Regular Visitor

Income Statement Sum by Category

Hi,

I have a table with an account scheme like an income statement (see left table on the picture). I can create the values for each account for each month but not for the sum of those accounts in the same category. Furthermore I cannot implement calculated measures in the left table (like Total 1+ Total 2 + Total 3 = Total 4). On the right picture I calculated the totals which I want to implement in the table on the left. Do you have any ideas?

Link to image: https://ibb.co/wsqmrPZ

pbi23

For the values for each account I used: Balance = sumx(Testdaten;Testdaten[Summe])

For the sum by category (account) I used: SumbyCategory = CALCULATE(SUM(Testdaten[Summe]);ALLEXCEPT(Testschema;Testschema[Category]))

I also tried to use switch...but that doesn't show any data in the totals. Maybe I did something wrong there:

Switch =
IF (
COUNTROWS ( VALUES ( Testschema[Level]) ) = 1;
SWITCH (
VALUES ( 'Testschema'[Account] );
"Income 1"; [Balance];
"Income 2"; [Balance];
"Income 3"; [Balance];
"Income 4"; [Balance];
"Total T+T2+T3"; [Total4];

BLANK ()
);
)

I use a Date Table, a datatable and a table for the account scheme. Data looks like this:
Link to picture: https://ibb.co/3SK1Bnq

pbi2

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Teletubbi 

You could just drag "Category" field above "Account" field in matrix visual, and then use subtotal function of matrix.

3.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.