Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndrewRust88

How to remove BLANK on a card visual without DAX

Hey all,

I am new to Power Bi and have come across this of which I can't figure out a way to overcome. I know it can be done using DAX but I rather not make all the visuals again in DAX just to remove BLANK.

The issue I have is when I drag my column onto a Card visual, I then filter it to just id 3 (this being Actions Completed).

At the 'All Retailer' level slicer that shows 2300 Completed Actions, But when I select a retailer this visual changes to BLANK as this Retailer has no completed Actions yet.

My question is instead of BLANK can I show 0 or nothing? or do I have to write a DAX statement instead to deal with it?

Thank you for your help and time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndrewRust88,

There is no direct way to change BLANK to 0 when there is no corresponding value to shown in card visual, unless you write DAX formula with condition statement.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You can hide the blank value using a Conditional Formatting rule on the Callout Value.

I have created a video tutorial on how to apply the conditional formatting: https://youtu.be/Xsmbfpa4oCA

biancagilly_1-1652137235851.png

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndrewRust88,

There is no direct way to change BLANK to 0 when there is no corresponding value to shown in card visual, unless you write DAX formula with condition statement.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

What is the proper DAX to use?

I have something like:

IF( ISBLANK( [measure] ), BLANK(), [measure] )

but this still shows (blank) in the card.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AndrewRust88you have to write the DAX without that , if data is getting filtered, your card visual will show blank

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Put the measure in Filters and filter out Blank. Maybe I didn't understand. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.