Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to increase Y axis limit in bar chart

Hello everyone,

I have a bar chart and client want's to increase the Y-axis scale to one more data point.

KarthikKV_0-1623828116348.png

In the above image I want to $600,000K. I know it is calculated based on my data point but currently my data point has not reached that limit but still I want to add one scale above, how to do that? Any work around?

Thanks,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , I doubt an option like that. But power bi should allow measure in min and max, That is a good idea.

Please vote or log a new one

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak ,

The option of Min and Max can be useful if the chart stays idle. If I apply any filters then due to Min Max specification the chart doesn't make any sense at all.

I was thinking assume The highest data point is $1000 I will add + $100 to ir or 10% to it. It sounds crazy but client wants to increase a axis level.

Is that possible or share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Karthik

@Anonymous , I doubt an option like that. But power bi should allow measure in min and max, That is a good idea.

Please vote or log a new one

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can use Min, Max Limit on Y-axis under visual format properties

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.