Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VoThanhLiem
Regular Visitor

How to reorder legend in 100% stacked bar chart ?

Hi, PowerBI experts,

Now, I would like to summarize the percentage of the task's progress follow the tasks' status and reorder the task's status from "Open" -> "In Progress" -> "Resolved". I added the task's status into Legend and sort with the order table, the order table was a relationship with the task's status column of data table, but the chart's display result was not what I expected.

My question is: How could we custom the display order of the legend?

Please teach me how. Thanks and best regards.

VoThanhLiem_0-1623900946195.png

VoThanhLiem_1-1623901011519.png

VoThanhLiem_2-1623901047900.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@VoThanhLiem , As per this screenshot order is sorted on order. Cilck on status and then click on sort column and mark order as sort column

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

I would create another column called status process id, giving it the correct numbering process, i would then sort the legend by that id using the sort by column.  

ie 

vanessafvg_1-1623902816068.png

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg : I also created status progress column and sorted the legend by that id.

VoThanhLiem_0-1623903361243.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@VoThanhLiem , Have you marked order as the sort column for status

Sort Month.png

How to Create Sort Column and Solve Related Errors: https://youtu.be/KK1zu4MBb-c

@amitchandak  : Yes, I marked order as the sort column for status.

VoThanhLiem_0-1623902793297.png

@VoThanhLiem , As per this screenshot order is sorted on order. Cilck on status and then click on sort column and mark order as sort column

@amitchandak  : Got it.

I clicked status and sort column as Status_Sort_Order and got the expected result.

Thanks for your all support @amitchandak  @vanessafvg 

VoThanhLiem_0-1623903812934.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.