Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sreya
Helper II
Helper II

How to get concatenated values of a column in a measure based on a different column filter

I am facing issues while trying to concatenate values of a column in a measure based on a different column filter.

Suppose I want to concatenate all the EngagementPartner Values based on selected Engagements so what should be the DAX? User can choose single or multiple Engagements.

I wrote the below measure but it is not getting filtered with the engagement values.

EngagementPartner List=

VAR EP_Concat = CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Staff-EngagementPartner'[BestFullName]),[BestFullName]," , ")
Return
IF(ISFILTERED(Engagement[EngagementName]),UNICHAR(10)&EP_Concat,"ALL")

Not sure how to pass Engagement filter so that it would show just associated EngagementPartner names. User can select single,all,multiple engagements.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sreya ,

Add calculate and filter

calculate(CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Staff-EngagementPartner'[BestFullName]),[BestFullName]," , "),

filter(Engagement, Engagement[EngagementName] ="ABC"))

hope Staff-EngagementPartner is joined with Engagement

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply... it is working for single Engagement Value but how it would work with dynamically multiple selected value ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.