Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sreya
Helper II
Helper II

How to get concatenated values of a column in a measure based on a different column filter

I am facing issues while trying to concatenate values of a column in a measure based on a different column filter.

Suppose I want to concatenate all the EngagementPartner Values based on selected Engagements so what should be the DAX? User can choose single or multiple Engagements.

I wrote the below measure but it is not getting filtered with the engagement values.

EngagementPartner List=

VAR EP_Concat = CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Staff-EngagementPartner'[BestFullName]),[BestFullName]," , ")
Return
IF(ISFILTERED(Engagement[EngagementName]),UNICHAR(10)&EP_Concat,"ALL")

Not sure how to pass Engagement filter so that it would show just associated EngagementPartner names. User can select single,all,multiple engagements.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sreya ,

Add calculate and filter

calculate(CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Staff-EngagementPartner'[BestFullName]),[BestFullName]," , "),

filter(Engagement, Engagement[EngagementName] ="ABC"))

hope Staff-EngagementPartner is joined with Engagement

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply... it is working for single Engagement Value but how it would work with dynamically multiple selected value ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.