Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

marcocapo
Frequent Visitor

How to download Power Point slide from a Power BI Report page

Hello All,

I'm in trouble with this topic. I did a Power BI Report, built in power BI desktop and published in Power BI Service for the users that can't download it. Now I need to add a page to the report to allow them to download a PPT file that I created with some training information for using the report. 

So I need to link an existing PPT file to a Power BI Report page, but not using a URL link navigation. Is it possible? Put directly the file and give the opportunity to download it to the users?

Really Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marcocapo 

As far as I know, you can't embed a file directly into a PBIX file, but you can store a hyperlink in PBIX to redirect to the file you want to embed. If you have a lot of files, you can create a table of hyperlinks, or if you have very few links, you can create a text box with instructions to hide the link in the text box, or use shapes to set the link.

vangzhengmsft_0-1628490357377.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marcocapo 

As far as I know, you can't embed a file directly into a PBIX file, but you can store a hyperlink in PBIX to redirect to the file you want to embed. If you have a lot of files, you can create a table of hyperlinks, or if you have very few links, you can create a text box with instructions to hide the link in the text box, or use shapes to set the link.

vangzhengmsft_0-1628490357377.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@marcocapo , Power bi Service user can download pbix and ppt, but that is control using tenant setting

Under three dots on right -> Setting -> Admin portal-> Tenant settings -> export Setting

@amitchandak, thanks for your answer. I tried to do it, but doesnìt appear the tenant settings, maybe because I'm not the administrator of the workspace? However, maybe I didn't explain in the right way my need.

I create a Power Point file, with some usage instruction of the Power BI report, now I need to put on the Power BI Report this PPT file. So I don't want that the users export the Power BI data in Power Point, I want that an existing PPT is put in the Power BI report page, in order to click on it e download this already existing PPT, is it possible?

Thanks for you availability,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.