Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcocapo
Frequent Visitor

How to download Power Point slide from a Power BI Report page

Hello All,

I'm in trouble with this topic. I did a Power BI Report, built in power BI desktop and published in Power BI Service for the users that can't download it. Now I need to add a page to the report to allow them to download a PPT file that I created with some training information for using the report. 

So I need to link an existing PPT file to a Power BI Report page, but not using a URL link navigation. Is it possible? Put directly the file and give the opportunity to download it to the users?

Really Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marcocapo 

As far as I know, you can't embed a file directly into a PBIX file, but you can store a hyperlink in PBIX to redirect to the file you want to embed. If you have a lot of files, you can create a table of hyperlinks, or if you have very few links, you can create a text box with instructions to hide the link in the text box, or use shapes to set the link.

vangzhengmsft_0-1628490357377.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marcocapo 

As far as I know, you can't embed a file directly into a PBIX file, but you can store a hyperlink in PBIX to redirect to the file you want to embed. If you have a lot of files, you can create a table of hyperlinks, or if you have very few links, you can create a text box with instructions to hide the link in the text box, or use shapes to set the link.

vangzhengmsft_0-1628490357377.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@marcocapo , Power bi Service user can download pbix and ppt, but that is control using tenant setting

Under three dots on right -> Setting -> Admin portal-> Tenant settings -> export Setting

@amitchandak, thanks for your answer. I tried to do it, but doesnìt appear the tenant settings, maybe because I'm not the administrator of the workspace? However, maybe I didn't explain in the right way my need.

I create a Power Point file, with some usage instruction of the Power BI report, now I need to put on the Power BI Report this PPT file. So I don't want that the users export the Power BI data in Power Point, I want that an existing PPT is put in the Power BI report page, in order to click on it e download this already existing PPT, is it possible?

Thanks for you availability,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.