Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect an image folder in my model and change the images every 10 seconds in a photo panel?

Hi everyone,

I need to create a image panel where the images will be inside a folder in my Onedrive and I would like that every 10 seconds the panel would be changing the images. The folder will have about 10 images.

I have 2 doubts:

1. Is it possible to connect to the image folder and it already generates a table with the image URL? Or, should I fetch the URL individually and put in my table?

2. With my URL table created, how can I create the panel to change the image every 10 seconds? I looked on websites, but I didn't find the answer I need.

Thanks a lot!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you can get the url into a table and then put a play axis, having only interaction with this visual and change image every 10 sec.

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

#1, In fact, both two methods all supported. (get the file list of image file URLs; get image files to power bi as stored with binary format)

Get the List of FOLDERS only in Power BI using Power Query 

Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report 

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models 

#2, I think current you can't use common visual to dynamic play images. (scatter visual is possible to play graph chart visuals but it seems not works with image) Perhaps you can try to use custom visuals or try to use R/python visual to manually plot the graph.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

#1, In fact, both two methods all supported. (get the file list of image file URLs; get image files to power bi as stored with binary format)

Get the List of FOLDERS only in Power BI using Power Query 

Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report 

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models 

#2, I think current you can't use common visual to dynamic play images. (scatter visual is possible to play graph chart visuals but it seems not works with image) Perhaps you can try to use custom visuals or try to use R/python visual to manually plot the graph.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you can get the url into a table and then put a play axis, having only interaction with this visual and change image every 10 sec.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, thanks for the answer, but it is not possible to connect directly to a folder with the images? Or, is there any other way to generate URLs in a more dynamic way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.