Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElioAngarita
Helper I
Helper I

How do i save "Show data point as table" changes?

It would be nice to save a determined "preset" of the data people get when they right click and "Show data point as table" Why? I'd love to offer that information in a ready-to-use report. 

Currently, it gives me a bunch of information i might not be needing. So, I re-arrange (add/move/remove) columns in the way I'd like to and export. After that, if i click on the same value and try to get into that data again, its all messed up like before.

If this can't be done, how do i default the information that is shown? can i add more columns in there by adding it on filters or something like that?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElioAngarita ,

Generally speaking:

If the Value is a column in the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is available. You can just right click on the data element in the visual and will see the option as the picture you haved posted.(Multiple column fields are also satisfied)

vhenrykmstf_1-1625193807802.png

If the Value is a measure in the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is not available.

vhenrykmstf_0-1625193714388.png

related solution link: Show Data point as a table not working in Power BI... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, can you further describe your information, provide the corresponding data (delete sensitive information) and screenshots of the expected results, so that I can do accurate tests as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dmcfarrenliox

I noticed this thread about saving changes to the columns shown by Show data point as a table is a couple of years old, AND there was never an actual solution.  I've been having the same issue ever since I started using Power BI and I can't believe it hasn't been addressed and fixed in two years.

In PBI desktop, if I right-click on a visual and select "Show data point as a table" I get a grid with several columns.  Those columns are listed in the Build Visual section and I can add or remove them from there, or re-order them, but these changes never seem to get saved.  If I click "Back to report" which returns me to the visual, and then right-click again and select "Show data point as table" the columns have reverted to what they originally were, and none of the changes I made have been saved.

How do I save these changes.  There must be a way.

Have you found a solution? I'm experiencing the same problem. Please let me know! Thank you. 

Any luck with a solution? I have the same problem... still... haha

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElioAngarita ,

Generally speaking:

If the Value is a column in the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is available. You can just right click on the data element in the visual and will see the option as the picture you haved posted.(Multiple column fields are also satisfied)

vhenrykmstf_1-1625193807802.png

If the Value is a measure in the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is not available.

vhenrykmstf_0-1625193714388.png

related solution link: Show Data point as a table not working in Power BI... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, can you further describe your information, provide the corresponding data (delete sensitive information) and screenshots of the expected results, so that I can do accurate tests as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry! Thank you for your answer.

I don't have any issue with "show data point as a table" as i already have it avaliable when i click on my visual.

The thing is that I do have an issue with the information that i get from there. I know that i can move the fields around (columns) and even ADD more that were not avaliable. But, i haven't been able to SAVE the changes i do to this (re-ordering, new values, erase values). The whole idea is letting users export this data into a CSV file and work, and i would love it to be all organized already but i can't.. as soon as do my changes and then click "Back to report" everything gets back to how it was.

How do i change this? i want to have a report ready from the visual.

Capture.JPG

@ElioAngarita, @v-henryk-mstf ,

Elio,  I am facing the exact same issue you describe here in this thread.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

Thanks and kind regards,

In order to remove fields from this view, you need to 'Hide' them in Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.