Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dkeerthi
Frequent Visitor

Show Data point as a table not working in Power BI Pro

I am able to right click on a Pie chart and see the "Show data point as a table" option in Power BI Desktop. 

when I publish the report to Power BI Pro, I am not able to see the "Show data point as a table" option in Power BI. 

Please Help.... I tried all the report settings options and also the "See records" and "See Data" option on the Data/Drill

13 REPLIES 13
jcarr13

Mine is no longer working. Wed morning, I could no longer right click and show data points. If i right click, nothing happens at all. This is really hindering my ability to comb my data. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

OK, I am not seeing that behavior. In the Service I can right click and see Show data point as a table.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

in fact I am not able to see any options when i right click on the Power BI Pro charts. is there a setting that I am missing? 

in the Desktop version, when I right click on the chart I see show data point as table, show as table, Group Data, Include, Exclude......

hi   @dkeerthi 

When the Values is a column for the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is available.

when the Values is a measure for the visual, 'Show Data point as a table' is not available.

For example:

# is a column in my report, YTD is a measure in my report.

3.JPG4.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am using all columns in my visuals, right click is not working on any of my visuals. 

hi  @dkeerthi 

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test, there should be something wrong in other.

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

my pbix is large. It works on my desktop version but when i publish it not longer is there. Are there any ideas i can look that you can think of?

hi  @jcarr13  @Kdriss 

Could you please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test? just keep a little data in it.

Regards,

Lin

File is too big unfortunatelly. 

Any suggestions on which action I could try?

Thanks

hi  @Kdriss 

Please have a try my sample pbix file, it works well on my side.

5.JPG

If it works well on your side too, please use dummy data to create a simple sample pbix file for us have a test.

Regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

The feature is available for one user. So it seems it's related to user access and not the report itself.

Do you know which autorization i should grant to other users? Which settings i should check?

Thanks 

Still does not work from my side for the online version. But it still works on my desktop version .

I cannot share any data as my company does not allow me to do so. 

BR

Hi, 

I have the same issue, it works on my desktop but not on the noline versiosn. 

Did you fix it?

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.