Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dinesharivalaga
Helper II
Helper II

Highlight percentage if it exceeds target in line charts

Hi Masters ,

I am working on some line chart graphs and it needs some business requirement like if percentage value exceeds the target then that specific marker point needs to be highlighted .

dinesharivalaga_0-1678282692951.png

Here in the graph we can see the target is 20% , but May month exceeds the limit , so here we have to give some benchmark as the target exceeds this place . 
It may differ from year slicers , so whenever it exceeds then we have to highlight it in someway .

Please help me to sort this point ..

TIA

Dinesh

5 REPLIES 5
Arul
Super User
Super User

@dinesharivalaga ,

create a measure for conditional formatting indicator and use them in conditional formatting of values formatting option to set the colors,

Arul_0-1678283804282.png

Arul_1-1678283908466.png

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Hi @Arul 

Thanks for your reply , i tried the same but in conditional formatting on my side having 2 conditions like greater than and less than , so in that case it is not exactly a good result coming . from your screen it shows only one condition to select numbers .. below attached the scene ..

dinesharivalaga_1-1678702291742.png

Red circle has some errors like logic issue ..

Please hlep on this ..

TIA

Dinesh

@dinesharivalaga ,

Please share your conditions I will try.

Thanks,

Arul

LinkedIn

@Arul Target is 20% , so if the line chart exceeds 20% target then the values should be highlighted . so we tried conditional formatting measure and trying to set the rule in data lables color . but it is not working properly .

Measure used --> conditional format = IF([Overdue %]>[KPI Target],1,0) and applied this in rules but not reflecting the result in line chart .

As of now i have used gridlines options instead of rules . but gridlines will not fix this issue as it will highlight whatever the lowest and highest value only not specifically 20% .

Is there anything needs to be changed in datatypes ?

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @dinesharivalaga ,

Have you tried conditional formatting on data labels?  Here's a sample:

https://powerbidocs.com/2022/09/10/conditional-formatting-for-data-labels-in-power-bi/

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.