Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dinesharivalaga
Helper II
Helper II

Highlight percentage if it exceeds target in line charts

Hi Masters ,

I am working on some line chart graphs and it needs some business requirement like if percentage value exceeds the target then that specific marker point needs to be highlighted .

dinesharivalaga_0-1678282692951.png

Here in the graph we can see the target is 20% , but May month exceeds the limit , so here we have to give some benchmark as the target exceeds this place . 
It may differ from year slicers , so whenever it exceeds then we have to highlight it in someway .

Please help me to sort this point ..

TIA

Dinesh

5 REPLIES 5
Arul
Super User
Super User

@dinesharivalaga ,

create a measure for conditional formatting indicator and use them in conditional formatting of values formatting option to set the colors,

Arul_0-1678283804282.png

Arul_1-1678283908466.png

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Hi @Arul 

Thanks for your reply , i tried the same but in conditional formatting on my side having 2 conditions like greater than and less than , so in that case it is not exactly a good result coming . from your screen it shows only one condition to select numbers .. below attached the scene ..

dinesharivalaga_1-1678702291742.png

Red circle has some errors like logic issue ..

Please hlep on this ..

TIA

Dinesh

@dinesharivalaga ,

Please share your conditions I will try.

Thanks,

Arul

LinkedIn

@Arul Target is 20% , so if the line chart exceeds 20% target then the values should be highlighted . so we tried conditional formatting measure and trying to set the rule in data lables color . but it is not working properly .

Measure used --> conditional format = IF([Overdue %]>[KPI Target],1,0) and applied this in rules but not reflecting the result in line chart .

As of now i have used gridlines options instead of rules . but gridlines will not fix this issue as it will highlight whatever the lowest and highest value only not specifically 20% .

Is there anything needs to be changed in datatypes ?

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @dinesharivalaga ,

Have you tried conditional formatting on data labels?  Here's a sample:

https://powerbidocs.com/2022/09/10/conditional-formatting-for-data-labels-in-power-bi/

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.