Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mfarina
Frequent Visitor

Help with a table - excluding specific columns from slicer filtering

I have a Matrix that looks something like below - it is used to track the number of training enrollments & completions by each department, relative to the department's size. (I'm using a Matrix because there are some other measures included that aren't relevant, so it's effectively simplified as a table below).

A slicer is used to specify the training(s) being measured, so my main issue is that the Department headcounts will only show the number of users in a department with the training on their transcript (so if Sales has 20 people but only 4 are registered, the headcount will show 4).

I tried creating a data table that contains the list of departments in column 1, and the following formula in column 2 to show the total headcounts of each department:

COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL(Users),Users[Department]=Departments[Department])

and it's working in the data table, but not in the matrix. What happens in the matrix is, for each Department, all the values in column 2 show up - so it would say: Sales | 20 / 6 / 32 / 15, Training | 20 / 6/ 32/ 15, etc. How can I get the department's total headcount, unaffected by the number of people enrolled/completed in each department, and (ideally) the enrollments and completions as percentages of the department headcount?

table.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

@mfarina

Hi mfarina,

I am confused about your real requirement according to current description. Based on my assumption, I created two data tables like below:

User Table

a.PNG

Department Tbale

b.PNG

After creating a one to many relationship between these two tables, I added a new measure to calculate the Department HeadCount. 

Department HeadCount = COUNTROWS(FILTER(Users,Users[Department]=RELATED(department[Department])))

c.PNG

It worked well both in matrix and table visualization. Does this meet your requirement? If I have something misunderstood, would you please share the .pbix file if possible.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

The bottom part of your requirement is bit confusing. Why do you need to write such a equal condition when you can form a relationship between tables.

If you can post your sample data with expected output, we will get an idea of what are you trying to achieve.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.