Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

myti
Helper II
Helper II

How a summarized table that created by DAX formula in Data pan can be seen/imported in query editor

Dear Friends,

I have faced a problem in PBI.is there any soloution that a summarized table created by DAX formula bring in query editor.Seems that only the source tables can be seen in query editor?

Thank you,

Medi

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@myti

Not like tables(queries) created in Query Editor can be shown and referenced in Data View of Power BI Desktop, the calculated tables created in Data View using DAX can only be used within Data View.

In this scenario, you may need to rebuild that table in Query Editor using M Query. Here is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Medi,

You should download the DAX Studio. Connect Your PBI File with DAX Studio and Run your DAX Query againest the Model and set the output to the Text File. This File will have your Summerized table Data and You can ETL with this data into the PBI. 

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Correct. You would have to create a new query and do your summarize in the query editor instead.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.