Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

magnifybi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Getting (Blank) on KPI "Goal" when looking at Current Financial Year vs Previous

I have a KPI that I want to show the current Financial Year Sales as the Indicator and the Previous as the Goal, I have the following formulas which work on their own in a stand alone visual;

Gross Revenue ThisYear = CALCULATE(SUM('General Ledger Report'[Amount]),FILTER('Chart of Accounts', 'Chart of Accounts'[*Type] = "Revenue"),FILTER(Dates, Dates[Curr/Prev Fin Year] = "Current" ))

Gross Revenue LastYear = CALCULATE(SUM('General Ledger Report'[Amount]),FILTER('Chart of Accounts', 'Chart of Accounts'[*Type] = "Revenue"),FILTER(Dates, Dates[Curr/Prev Fin Year] = "Previous" ))

"Curr/Prev Fin Year" here is a calculated column marking the financial year running from July-June as the current or previous.

Problem I'm getting is the Gross Revenue LastYear is showing as Blank when I put it in the "Goal", ThisYear is showing correctly.

I assume this is to do with the "Trend Axis" but I've tried lots of different things and can't get this to display correctly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@magnifybi , if you have date then you can use time intelligence, if not you can use a separate year(date)  table

examples

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"6/30"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"6/30"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"6/30"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"6/30"))

//Only year vs Year, not a level below

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

Power BI — Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km41KfM_0uA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@magnifybi , if you have date then you can use time intelligence, if not you can use a separate year(date)  table

examples

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"6/30"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"6/30"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"6/30"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"6/30"))

//Only year vs Year, not a level below

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

Power BI — Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km41KfM_0uA

Thanks for this, but the YTD calculations are not what I need, I need an overall sum, so that I can choose a month name and a result comes back for the month in the current year and the same month in the previous year

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.