Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DRossi
Helper III
Helper III

GANTT chart layout

Hi.

I'm struggling with the layout of the Gantt chart.

I have a dataset which is roughly like this

EngineerDateWork ConductedOrder Completed
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 08:18:571/1/20 09:56:45
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 10:15:341/1/20 12:23:34
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 13:23:121/1/20 14:08:08
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 14:23:451/1/20 16:12:12

I can't seem to get it to show each day down the left hand side with the Timeline at the top being one day.

I want to be able to see on the left hand side, 1/1/20 and then the jobs showing on a timeline for that day.

However, in 'End Date' it keeps defaulting to 'Earliest' which I can;t seem to get rid of.

gantt.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DRossi 

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BriH

Hello, this link doesn't seem to work, but I'm having the same issue.  A start and end date formatted as Date/Time and then I have changed the gantt format to 'hour'.  It's picking up the start date/time, but defaulting everything to a 24 hour duration.

When I try and put the end date into the field, it just selects 'earliest' and has no effect on the actual chart.  Similarly, if I create a calculated field for 'duration' - and put that value into the duration field, nothing happens.

Help! 🙂

Thanks

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DRossi 

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my reply, the link doesn't work - you simply get a message saying error 404 not found.

BriH_0-1643378737998.png

Is there a search path that could help me find the resource?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.