Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DRossi
Helper III
Helper III

GANTT chart layout

Hi.

I'm struggling with the layout of the Gantt chart.

I have a dataset which is roughly like this

EngineerDateWork ConductedOrder Completed
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 08:18:571/1/20 09:56:45
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 10:15:341/1/20 12:23:34
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 13:23:121/1/20 14:08:08
Daniel1/1/201/1/20 14:23:451/1/20 16:12:12

I can't seem to get it to show each day down the left hand side with the Timeline at the top being one day.

I want to be able to see on the left hand side, 1/1/20 and then the jobs showing on a timeline for that day.

However, in 'End Date' it keeps defaulting to 'Earliest' which I can;t seem to get rid of.

gantt.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DRossi 

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BriH

Hello, this link doesn't seem to work, but I'm having the same issue.  A start and end date formatted as Date/Time and then I have changed the gantt format to 'hour'.  It's picking up the start date/time, but defaulting everything to a 24 hour duration.

When I try and put the end date into the field, it just selects 'earliest' and has no effect on the actual chart.  Similarly, if I create a calculated field for 'duration' - and put that value into the duration field, nothing happens.

Help! 🙂

Thanks

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DRossi 

You may try the following visual.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?src=office&tab=Overview

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my reply, the link doesn't work - you simply get a message saying error 404 not found.

BriH_0-1643378737998.png

Is there a search path that could help me find the resource?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.