Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frozen Columns in a Matrix?

Hi Community, 

Is it possible to add another column into a matrix that remains static/frozen?

In the example below, can I have Column A and B remain static, with C/D/E/F changing?

Column A                                           Column B               Column C         Column D               Column E               Column F
SKU Name                                          UPC                        CY Units           CY Revenue             PY Units                 PY Revenue

Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter 1KG    68100084245          50                    $250                        40                         $200

Or is this something I can only achieve via a Table?
All other drill downs of the Matrix hierarchy works perfectly.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this via a Matrix.  Put those fields into the "Row" box.  You might need to press the 'Expand all down one level' button for each one you wish to display.  I also recommend going into the Visual Format (paint roller icon) and going into 'Row Headers' and turning off 'Stepped Layout'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ross73312.

I've followed all those steps and I get something that looks like this, even after turning off 'Stepped Layout'.

Column A                                         Column B               Column C         Column D               Column E               Column F
SKU Name                                        UPC                        CY Units           CY Revenue             PY Units                 PY Revenue

Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter 1KG    Total                        50                    $250                        40                         $200

68100084245           50                     $250                         40                         $200

If I proceed to turn off 'Row subtotals' within the Subtotals, I get something like this, more of what I'm looking for.

Column A                                         Column B               Column C         Column D               Column E               Column F
SKU Name                                        UPC                        CY Units           CY Revenue             PY Units                 PY Revenue

Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter 1KG    68100084245          50                     $250                        40                         $200

Is there a way to turn on subtotals only for specific Rows and want it to apply to the first Nut Butter row?

For example, my rows in my Matrix are : Nut Butters, SKU Name, UPC

Yes you can enable/disable subtotals for row level heirarchy.

Step1: Go to the heirarchy level that you want to disable

Step2: Now, Go to Subtotals sections in FORMAT Pane.

Step3: Now you will see option to disable that particular row level subtotal( by default all subtotals are Enabled)

This way you can Enable or Disable any level Row Subtotals

Hi @Anonymous,

Basd on my test, I am afraid you could not achivev this feature, I suggest you submit an idea in Ideas forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not for specific rows, no.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.