Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steg
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple tables in one bar chart

Hi there, I have a question. 

I am trying to create a bar chart which shore incoming cases and outgoing cases. for value I use 'count of casenumber' the axis shows the country (in this case: the Islands). 

There are two charts: amount of incoming cases (based on the table: date of registry) and amount of outgoing cases (based on the table: date of closing). 

What I would like to do is to combine the two charts in one, so I can present the amount of incoming cases and outgoing cases by island (x-axis) and a slicer per year. 

It probably is a very simple solution, but so far, I haven't solved it. Please help.

If you need more information, please let me know. 

2 REPLIES 2
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Steg 

In the most common case you just need to create relationships between tables by a common field (for example, date fields in your scenario)

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Dear @az38 ,

the two date (incoming cases and outgoing cases are in the same table. e.g.

CasenumberIncoming dateoutgoing date
CUR2017012004-5-20177-5-2017
CUR2017012018-5-201712-8-2018
CUR2018000478-8-20189-12-2018

My goal is to show in one bar chart the total of incoming cases en outgoing cases per year. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.