Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LMSReportsHelp
Frequent Visitor

Fix type mismatch by replacing data?

I have a report coming out of a system on a nightly feed and updating my Power BI data.  For some reason, on a specific day and single specific user's records are in the wrong format.  Everything else in the column shows as a time (0:01:00) but for some reason his records on ONE DAY is in decimal format (0.025694444). This column isn't super important to our data, but my first choice is to "fix."  I am going to the system administrator to have them look into WHY this is in the reporting at all.  In the meantime, it's constantly throwing errors at me.

I know I can use "Remove errors" to remove them.  I can't just "modify the source" because it will just get overwritten tonight in the feed from the system.  I would rather just set him to "0:00:00" than remove the records but when I tried to use "find and replace" it wouldn't let me put in a decimal at all, it says I must enter a time (you know, because the column is a time-record).  

Do I have any way I can replace this value without going the "modify the source" route (until I can fix the root report getting fed to me)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In Power Query, there is a 'Replace Errors' feature. Have you tried that?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In Power Query, there is a 'Replace Errors' feature. Have you tried that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.