Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tome_05
Helper II
Helper II

About customizing the date tool

I am always grateful for your help.

Regarding the date in the attached image, is it possible to display the day of the week in the date display area?
(Or customize, such as making weekends and holidays red)

Please let me know if there is a way to do it.

thank you.スクリーンショット 2024-02-26 194322.png

4 REPLIES 4
Tome_05
Helper II
Helper II

I am always grateful for your help.

Regarding the date in the attached image, is it possible to display the day of the week in the date display area?
(Or customize, such as making weekends and holidays red)

Please let me know if there is a way to do it.

thank you.スクリーンショット 2024-02-26 194322.png

Hi @Tome_05 

Using the between, before  or after slicer options will not show the name of day. However, it should be available when selecting a day from the calendar icon. Alternatively, you can create measures that return the min and max days based ont he current selection and format it with the day name. As to the list of days, I'd use a table with the date column in it which should dates within the range selected as per the slicer.  I'd use conditional formatting to change the color to red if the date is a holiday. This information should be in your dates table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @Tome_05 

If you change the Date format and use Dropdown Slicer or Vertical List Slicer inplace of Between with Slider, it will work

PijushRoy_0-1709012831254.png

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tome_05 

After my tests, this is not available in Between format slicer at this time, but I think your idea makes sense and you can submit an idea for it at: Home (microsoft.com) and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.