cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dynamic constant line

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a possibility to work with a dynamic constant line. My current visual is based on healthcare data. What I can show them right now is the running total based on a year. The constant line shows me the budget based on a hardcoded budget. See picture below:

Constant line.PNG

What I want, when I choose for another year in the filter, my budget (constant line) changes automatically. Is there a possibility to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamic constant line

@miltenburger,

I'm afraid this couldn't be achieved because the value of constant line is determined by constant value, it can't be changed by slicer. As a workaround. I would recommend you to create a measure using DAX like pattern:

Measure =
SELECTEDVALUE ( table[value] )

And then drag the measure to your chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@miltenburger,

What I want, when I choose for another year in the filter, my budget (constant line) changes automatically. Is there a possibility to achieve this?

The "constant line" you mentioned is the constant line option in Analytics pane, right? If it is, what does "based on a hardcoded budget" mean? Could you clarify more details about the cuurent settings and your expected result?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft for your reply.

The constant line in the analytics pane that's right.

How i implemented the constant line right now:

Constant.PNG

My value in column "Waarde" is hardcoded. But actually I want this value to change dynamicaly when I change the year filter on my report. Is there a possibility for this?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@miltenburger,

I'm afraid this couldn't be achieved because the value of constant line is determined by constant value, it can't be changed by slicer. As a workaround. I would recommend you to create a measure using DAX like pattern:

Measure =
SELECTEDVALUE ( table[value] )

And then drag the measure to your chart.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao