Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable power bi service login nag screen in power bi desktop

Is there a way to do this? It just started popping up in the May release of desktop.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

There used to be a way to disable it with a registry edit.  Not sure if that is still an option.  Another way to go would be to get the free basic Power BI service account, and let it just log you in everytime.  You may need that anyway to get custom visuals from the Marketplace (not sure, haven't been logged out in a while).

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , while you can disable it, my advice would be to create a login with power bi and login using that. That will allow you to explore power bi service too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just working in Desktop at this time so the service is not something I want to login to, nor do i currently have an account. If there was someway to disable to forced login I would appreciate knowing how to do that.  It is something that won't allow me to view my visuals so causing a lot of grief at the moment.  I'm surprised that others are not experiencing the same.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Refer to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/desktop-admin-sign-in-form

Then press WindowsKey+R and enter regedit to open the Registry editor.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this @nandukrishnavs but it is not the nag screen I am talking about. Here is a clip of the one I am getting:

Nag Dialog.JPG

Thanks for anything else you might offer as a solution.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Where did you encounter the nag screen? It works well, even though i don't login with account.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is when the visuals first start to load up. They don't show up behind the dialog box.  Just wondering if the fact that the dashboard was created with PBI Pro account but I am just using Desktop to access it, I wonder if that hasything to do with it.  This all worked fine prior to May 2020 releasse.  There are also a few custom visuals on the dashboard that I wonder about as well.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use the desktop without login or power bi pro user . The nag screen will only appear when i want to publish the report to service.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case the nag screen is there as soon as I load the report. It is very odd.

Hi,

Would you please report this as an Issue using issues.powerbi.com.  first check to see if it has already been reported.  As a workaround, you can use the previous version.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.