Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

Default Home Table for New Measures - How to set

Does anyone know how to select a default home table for new measures?  When I click on the ribbon New Measure - it defaults all new measures to one particular table (which of course is not my Measures table that I would prefer).  So I have to change each and every new measure, which I know how to do.  I would just like to find that setting where the default home table is defaulted for new measures.  Can someone tell me where the hidden magic is?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured this out.  If you don't click the checkmark first (and wait a bit), it will allow you to select the home table.  It remembers whatever table you selected last.  So if you want to change, it takes a bit of patience for it to come into view and then you can set your default that way.  Wahlah!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured this out.  If you don't click the checkmark first (and wait a bit), it will allow you to select the home table.  It remembers whatever table you selected last.  So if you want to change, it takes a bit of patience for it to come into view and then you can set your default that way.  Wahlah!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dkernen ,

Create empty table using empty data. Give a name like Measure or KPI

Add or create one measure into it.

Hide the column in this table 

Show here - https://youtu.be/0wYPVhnnPxw?t=2805

or

refer this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9oDIL8nbu0

@amitchandak Thank you for your quick reply.  Your videos are very helpful.  However, I already have a Measures table and I know how to move measures between tables.  What I am struggling with is, when I create a new measure, why does it automatically default to one specific table?  It continues to default to one say (ie Customers) and I want to find out how to have it default to my Measures table.  I know how to move them but if there is a way I can have it default to the table I want, then I won't have to do it at all.  There's a setting somewhere - I just cannot find it!  It's not mission-critical, but if someone knows where that setting is, I could stop scratching my head each time I create a new measure!  Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.