Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

Default Home Table for New Measures - How to set

Does anyone know how to select a default home table for new measures?  When I click on the ribbon New Measure - it defaults all new measures to one particular table (which of course is not my Measures table that I would prefer).  So I have to change each and every new measure, which I know how to do.  I would just like to find that setting where the default home table is defaulted for new measures.  Can someone tell me where the hidden magic is?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured this out.  If you don't click the checkmark first (and wait a bit), it will allow you to select the home table.  It remembers whatever table you selected last.  So if you want to change, it takes a bit of patience for it to come into view and then you can set your default that way.  Wahlah!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured this out.  If you don't click the checkmark first (and wait a bit), it will allow you to select the home table.  It remembers whatever table you selected last.  So if you want to change, it takes a bit of patience for it to come into view and then you can set your default that way.  Wahlah!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dkernen ,

Create empty table using empty data. Give a name like Measure or KPI

Add or create one measure into it.

Hide the column in this table 

Show here - https://youtu.be/0wYPVhnnPxw?t=2805

or

refer this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9oDIL8nbu0

@amitchandak Thank you for your quick reply.  Your videos are very helpful.  However, I already have a Measures table and I know how to move measures between tables.  What I am struggling with is, when I create a new measure, why does it automatically default to one specific table?  It continues to default to one say (ie Customers) and I want to find out how to have it default to my Measures table.  I know how to move them but if there is a way I can have it default to the table I want, then I won't have to do it at all.  There's a setting somewhere - I just cannot find it!  It's not mission-critical, but if someone knows where that setting is, I could stop scratching my head each time I create a new measure!  Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.