Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Default Filter when page loads

For example say I have a date filter (created using a slicer) and a bargraph in which the x-axis is set for the date. So what I need is both of this visuals to be filter for the last 3 months when the page loads for the first time by a specific user (say, my manager). But it should allow for that person to filter more than 3 months. What I have tried is to add a page level filter by limiting the date to be in the past 3 months, so that I can show the user snapshot of past three months. But if user want to filter for say 6 months then that person needs to

1.) Remove this filter from the page

2.) Filter using the date slicer

And I want the user to be able to filter only using the date slicer (only one step). What should be the workaround here?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , On option, is relative date slicer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Other is : Create a column like this in date table and use as filter

Month Type = Switch( True(),
eomonth([Date],0) <= eomonth(Today(),0) && eomonth([Date],0) >= eomonth(Today(),-2),"Last 3 Month" ,
Format([Date],"MMM-YYYY")
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

You can refer Display Last N Months& Selected Month using Single Date Dimension in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , On option, is relative date slicer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Other is : Create a column like this in date table and use as filter

Month Type = Switch( True(),
eomonth([Date],0) <= eomonth(Today(),0) && eomonth([Date],0) >= eomonth(Today(),-2),"Last 3 Month" ,
Format([Date],"MMM-YYYY")
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.