Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kamalbandam
Helper III
Helper III

#DIV!/0! error not able to remove

Hi,

I have some of the #DIV/0! error in excel file which is residing in sharepoint which I am using as a data source. I am trying to remove those errors and replace them but none of them aren;t working. there is a step where I need to pivot columns for which I am getting the error. Any solutions will be helpful.

Thank you in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kamalbandam 

You can refer What is Div/0! Error in Excel? and Quick tip: Prevent #DIV/0! And #VALUE! Errors in Excel files.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kamalbandam 

You can refer What is Div/0! Error in Excel? and Quick tip: Prevent #DIV/0! And #VALUE! Errors in Excel files.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kamalbandam ,

It's hard to judge why you are getting this error without seeing your data.

Which columns are you using to calculate the column which has this error?

What are the data-type of the columns?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Actually, the error I am getting is this - "[DataFormat.Error] Invalid cell value '#DIV/0!'." There are some of the non divisible values which are in the source file as #DIV/0!. It is directly giving error. It is irrespective of the data type. I have tried replacing errors, removing errors but neither didn't work. How can we get rid of this value.

Thanks,
Kamal

Hi @kamalbandam ,

The error what you are referring to above is in the source column right?

Is the excel exported from someother source?

To my understanding "'#DIV/0!'" error only comes when the column is calulated using other columns and there are nulls or 0 in those columns.

Can you click on one of the cell of this column with error and check if it is calculated using some formula?

Is this data directly copied from some other place?

I can't comment further without seeing some sample data.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.