Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SevsBo
Helper III
Helper III

Data exceeds the limit error - then only 300 rows exported

For the past few days I have been getting an error when exporting data from tables in Power Bi Desktop. When I click export, I get a pop-up saying:

Data exceeds the limit

Your data is too large. Some data sampling may occur.

After that I get an export of no more than 300 rows of data. 

This is a new problem, and data certainly isn't an issue - it will happen even if I try to export a table with 5 coumns and 800 rows, for instance. This is a large issue at the moment as some of the key analysis I do relies on Power Bi compiling data, but cannot be done in Power Bi, so I rely on CSV exports to finish the job in Excel.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
louiseCFCG
Regular Visitor

I was grateful to see that others had an issue, as I thought I had gone crazy. 

I've found a workaround until the techs get a proper solution. 

Publish your Workbook to PowerBI online, and then view it online.  You can successfully export data from your table there and get the whole dataset from the table.  In my case 8542 rows came out correctly, vs the 44 in the PowerBI desktop app 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lalehdavarnia
Regular Visitor

I'm useing Version: 2.128.952.0 64-bit (April 2024) and this issue still exists!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @SevsBo,

This is a known export issue that already submitted. Power bi team are working on it and I will update here if any ETA.

Update: 

This issue has been fixed by power bi team and will be apply to the new verison(v. 2.121.903.0) release soon.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
louiseCFCG
Regular Visitor

I was grateful to see that others had an issue, as I thought I had gone crazy. 

I've found a workaround until the techs get a proper solution. 

Publish your Workbook to PowerBI online, and then view it online.  You can successfully export data from your table there and get the whole dataset from the table.  In my case 8542 rows came out correctly, vs the 44 in the PowerBI desktop app 🙂

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

I have heard that this is a bug introduced in the last patch that will likely be fixed very soon. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.