Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lucasgp

Funnel Chart labels changes/bugs when the visual is highlighted

I'm currently having this annoying problem with the funnel chart visual.

Normally, my funnel chart looks like this:

funnel_working.png

The problem I'm having is that when I click on another visual (say, an category of my data on the Y axis of a bar chart) to highlight the funnel, the text color and background of the labels change (or bug out), like this:
funnel_NOT_working.png

And I can't seem to find the problem. I didn't find any configuration in the visual that explains this.

Does anyone has experience something simliar or have any suggestion on how to fix this??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucasgp ,

Highlight means that only the data related to the content you select will be displayed normally, while other data not related to it will be automatically faded out, as shown in the results of my test below:

vjunyantmsft_0-1714699672370.png

The data label of the visual object will not appear to change color only if you select highlighting in this visual object:

vjunyantmsft_1-1714699832223.png

This is by design. What do you need to achieve? Maybe I can help you find workaround.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply @v-junyant-msft!

Ok, now I undesrtand that the intended behavior of the labels with no data related to the selection is to be faded out, but still show the background of the labels. This was one of the things that led me to think it could be a bug or something like that.

But for me the bigger problem is that the label text color is changing from white (first image) to grey (second image) on the labels that have related data to show. This is a problem because as you can see the labels become very hard to see, and I can't find any option to control or avoid this change in color.

What I expected was the behavior of all other visuals, like this bar chart for example:
bar_chart_1.pngbar_chart_2.png

As you can see, only the bars are faded, the label retains the format. As in the funnel chart, this does not happen:

funnel_working2.png

funnel_NOT_working2_explained.png

Do you think this issue has a solution? Or at least a workaround?

Thanks again for the reply and for the explanation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.