Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LDE
Frequent Visitor

Data Color not available for PowerKPI ?

Hi,

I use PowerKPI but I cant' change the data colors : I've all the KPI options (value and label) but only the "data label" option, not the "data color". I tried to update the visual, but it didn't work. How could I change my data colors ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks to @v-viig I found a solution : Line color can be changed in Format Panel -> Line
Thanks all for your help !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LDE

Do you use default KPI visual or custom visual?

As tested with the default KPI visual, i can see the "Color coding" setting.

2.png

As for custom visual PowerKPI, please refer to this blog to learn how to use it.

Power KPI Custom Visual

As tested, autually, i alse find no "data color" option dispalying on the "Formating" pane, but you could set color for data labels or any other item under each settings, like under the KPI Indicator section, you can customize the type and color of the indicator used in the chart. 

best regards

Maggie

Thanks Maggie for your answer.

I use the "Power KPI" visual, available on PowerBI. I refered to the blog to use it, but I've not the "Data Colors" section they mention. I set up the KPI Indicator parameter as I wanted, but what I need is to change de "Data Color" in order to be coherent with the other data I present im my report. Would it be possible to improuve the visual settings to get the "Data Color" section, like in other visuals ?

Hi @LDE

It seems you are seeking for dynamically changing data color based on other value in your report, right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Thanks to @v-viig I found a solution : Line color can be changed in Format Panel -> Line
Thanks all for your help !

Hi @LDE

For this custom visual, "Data Color" doesn't display on "Format" pane by design, but color the data can be achieved anyway, i believe.

For your requirement to add "Data color" for this visual like others, you could submit an idea here to let power bi product team know your requirement.

For any workaround, i would like some example data and expected result so that i can provide a solution for you clearly.

Best regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.