Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bunkertrust
Frequent Visitor

DAX Calculate is calculating wrong lines

Hi 

I am trying to calculate different fuel quantity losses using the DAX calculate. Problem is that it is also calculating the lines that are not relevant for the specific fuel type.

We have IFO, MGO, LSGO and ULSFO/VLSFO

Ex. the IFO loss calculation is: 

CALCULATE(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_lsgo_received_vessel_figure]) - CALCULATE(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_lsgo_departure_bdn])))

But it is also adding the calculation for the other fuel types.

Screenshot 02-11-2020 09.56.25.png

Another issue is how i get the IFO loss % only to divide if the denominator or nominator has a number otherwise come blank. 

I hope you can help.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunkertrust 

for Loss %, you can simply use ISNUMBER() DAX function to check whether a number is valid or not. If condition satisfies, you can use DIVIDE() function to calculate final loss %

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your calculate dax you have not added any filter.
The expression should be like
Calculate(sum(table[amount]),filter(table,table[type]="IFO"))

THANKS
PRAVIN

If it resolves your problem mark it as a solution and give Kudos.

Hi Pravin,

So you mean: 

IFO Loss MT = calculate(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_received_vessel_figure]), FILTER('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView', 'bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_received_vessel_figure]="IFO")) - CALCULATE(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_departure_bdn]))))

This comes with syntax is incorrect
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have added to many parenthesis.

try this

IFO Loss MT = calculate(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_received_vessel_figure]), FILTER('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView', 'bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_received_vessel_figure]="IFO")) - CALCULATE(SUM('bunkertrust_com_db vBunkerOperationsFirstView'[bunker_ifo_departure_bdn]))

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar
www.linkedin.com/in/pravin-p-wattamwar

If I resolve your problem Mark it as a solution and give kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

share some sample dataset and expected output so that it will be easy for me to answer your quetion.

Thanks,

Pravin

@Anonymous 

Can you use this ?

Column A to H are the calculations : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1igSUU-_7fRzllGukzsVVJ4kOg8elB3b_q0Y-Z54hH4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Which format do you prefer?

Hi Pravin,

This is coming with circular dependency in stead. 

The figures are coming in separated columns, so I suppose it is a matter of not calculating if blank?

Screenshot 02-11-2020 11.22.55.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.