Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arunyada

Analyze increase decrease feature

Hi All,

I was exploring Power BI because of this unique feature where it can analyze the increase or decrease happened in last 2 data points. I was exploring this feature but got confused as this option is not coming in every scenario. I know some of the basic limitation of this feature but what I'm curious to know is that :-

Does it work with certain kind of data like discrete data / continuous data / categorical data ?

OR

Does it need any kind of timeline on X Axis ?

OR

Does it work in case of multiple fields dragged under axis column ?

Any relevant clarification / information will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Arun

2 REPLIES 2
sheetalshettiga
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is anayze increase decrease feature available in Power BI report server? once you publish from Power Bi desktop optimized?please answer

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @arunyada 

Please have a look at this document for more details.

The following list is the collection of currently unsupported scenarios for explain the increase/decrease:

• TopN filters
  • Include/exclude filters
  • Measure filters
  • Non-numeric measures
  • Use of "Show value as"
  • Filtered measures - filtered measures are visual level calculations with a specific filter applied (for example, Total Sales for France), and are used on some of the visuals created by the insights feature
  • Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.