Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Krishnakali
Frequent Visitor

Creation of report with 2 filters

Hi all,

Please help me.

I have to create a report where I should have region, sales as on date 1, sales as on date 2 and difference bewteen sales. Date 1 should be selected from filter 1 and date 2 from filter 2. Also, if no region has sales on date 1, then it should diaplay as 0. The region should not get filtered out if it has sales on date 2. 

Currently I have 2 slicers for the 2 dates, and 2 tables with region and sales in each table. Each slicer is filtering only 1 table each. But I want everything to be in a single table, and basically keeping region unaffected by any filters and just displaying sales as per the 2 dates. I hope I have been able to state my problem. Kindly look into it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to this. Posting my solution here, in case anyone else is working on something similar. I created 2 date tables. Those tables have no relationship with any other tables. I created 2 sliders with these tables. Then I created measures by calculating sum of sales, filtered based on date=allselected(date filter 1). and date=allselected(date filter 2). This gives the results a single table.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Krishnakali,

It is difficult for us to provide you approach based on the above description. Could you please share sample data of your tables and post expected result based on the sample data?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI, My input data is as follows:

regionbalancedate
north10001-01-2000
south10101-01-2000
east10203-01-2000
west10304-01-2000
north10405-01-2000
east10506-01-2000
east10607-01-2000

My report should contain 2 date filters. User should be able to choose any date he/she wants.

My output should look like:

date 1 filter01-01-2000
    date 2 filter05-01-2000
regionbalance on date 1balance on date 2difference  
north100104-4  
south1010101  
east000  
west000  

I have created 2 date filters using 2 slicers. But I am not able to keep region in a single table. I could create 2 tables with balance region,balance on date1 & region,balance on date 2. I created a measure which is difference between balance 1 and 2, and kept it in a separate table with region, but the region gets filtered out based on date selected in slicer. For eg, if i select 01-01-2000, only north and south remains, others get filtered out. Also, the difference is not calculated dynamically. Please help.

@v-yuezhe-msft please help

Hi,

Can someone please look into my query and help me. I am in dire need of a solution to this problem.

Thanks

I found a solution to this. Posting my solution here, in case anyone else is working on something similar. I created 2 date tables. Those tables have no relationship with any other tables. I created 2 sliders with these tables. Then I created measures by calculating sum of sales, filtered based on date=allselected(date filter 1). and date=allselected(date filter 2). This gives the results a single table.

@Krishnakali,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can accept your reply answer, this way, other community members could benefit from your solution.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.