Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JonSwed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Creating weighted sort

Hi Wizards,

I have a bunch of email data where the number of emails sent can range from 10 to 10s of thousands. When I caculate conversion rate for these then the table can be a bit useless if the dashboard user sorts by conversion rate (a completely reasonable thing to do) as those emails with a few sends/opens, but have conversions which skew the data. I'd like to introduce a weighted sort which takes into consideration the average number of emails sent, so the data does not get skewed by those emails with only a few sends. I do not want to simply filter as this feels a little blunt.
Just wondering is anyone has attempted something like this before, before I get stuck in. 
This is what I'm intending to use for reference: https://moz.com/blog/build-your-own-weighted-sort 
Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What are you ultimately trying to achieve? Do you want some sort of tag "statistical significance" ? Your simple filter doesn't feel blunt to me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.