Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kwonder Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Creating a new table in Power BI

Hello,

I'm new to the Power BI Desktop and I'm trying to create a new table that will have columns from the multiple tables I pulled in from my source. Could someone please help me with this? Example: I have a course table and Instructor table I need to bring certain columns from each table.

3 REPLIES 3
Rémi Member

Re: Creating a new table in Power BI

Hi,

It will be difficult to explain to you all that things.

Try to read this guide and to follow it, then if you have questions, come back here 🙂

coreyw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I 'tried' following through the guide that you suggested and this appears to be a topic that is beyond that getting started set of pages.

B129 Member

Hi @kwonder,

if your tables have a relationship between them you can use the NATURALINNERJOIN function() or the NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN function(). Something like:

New Table = NATURALINNERJOIN(Course;Instructor)

or

New Table = NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN(Course;Instructor)

Or if you want something different you can use the query editor mode and "merge queries".

Let me know if it works.

#I'M Not An Expert#

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 151 members 1,509 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: