Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KishoreShetty

Create relation between two transaction tables based on date column [ many to many ] issue

Need your help on a problem. I have two non-related transaction table and I need to show it's metrics on the dashboard with date silcer. How do I create date relationship between this tables since it would be many to many relation (multiple transaction same date) and use date column as silcer. while building dashboard I found missing counts if I use M to M relation.

Thanks in advance  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You don't create the relationship between those 2 fact tables.

Just connect the date field of your Date table to the date fields of the 2 fact tables. Done.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

It is enough to create the date table and set the relation (1:*) from Date to your tables and then develop a slicer on the particular date table.

you could use the below link to create the date dimension :

https://radacad.com/all-in-one-script-to-create-calendar-table-or-date-dimension-using-dax-in-power-...

Mahyartf
lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You don't create the relationship between those 2 fact tables.

Just connect the date field of your Date table to the date fields of the 2 fact tables. Done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.